Recovering original XBL GT

I have been a veteran XBL player since the day Halo 2 hit store shelves. I was reminiscing on old times on live and my old GT and why I didn't recover it when I first bought my Xbox 360.. Well I remember the reason why I didn't recover it is because of the last four digits of my moms credit card(I was 13 or 14 at the time)... We could not figure out what the last four digits of the credit card where because it expired she got a new one and I don't keep mental notes of credit card numbers. . . At this point I have forgotten the email address used(I do have an idea of what it might have been...) and the password. But I don't remember the address, the name on the card, and all other information on the account besides the info I needed to recover it. Basically what I am getting at is, is there any way that I can get this account back in use on my current Xbox 360.. It was never transferred to my first 360 for the reasons above. . It was created in 2004 and it has been inactive since 2007 because that's when I got my 360. Is there anything I can do, or is it a lost cause? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't believe it's possible to recover original Xbox gamertags anymore, since support is over for that service.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know it can be done. Or it could be done before april when they shut it down. I have friends that still have their original XBL account and still play on it to this day. I hope it can be done. I had some good times on that account lol

Sorry this didn't help.

It has something to do with it being a verified answer it seems. For some reason those get posted multiple times.

Sorry this didn't help.

Where exactly do I go to get to the support email for migrating/recovering My GT?

Sorry this didn't help.

At the top of the page click Support, and then click Contact Us.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are a tad confused.  I also continue to play the same GT started in 10/2003, but I migrated the account to the 360 when I got the console.  You are talking about something entirely different: trying to recover  an account that has not been used since 2007.  MS annouced recently that they were starting a process that would free up GTs that had not been active in awhile.  What they are using to determine "inactive" they did not say.  Regardless, the only chance you have is to call support and go thru their account verification process...either via phone or email.  Both require the answering of many questions related to your account.  I would use the email 'cause there is a text box to put just anything you can think of...put in some names from your friends' list for example.  Hopefully, every piece of info you put in might outweigh the other questions that you don't know the answer to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there some reason why all my posts get posted twice everywhere on this site?

Sorry this didn't help.