Recovering My Gamertag

I recently went to my friends house, and i recovered my gamer tag on his console so we could both play, but when i came home and tried to recover on my console it says "Please Check that the hard drive is connect or check that there is enough space in your hard drive. I disconnected my hard drive and connected back, but it still didn't work, i also check my hard drive space and i have 200 GBs free, what can i do to recover my gamertag?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Take a USB stick to your friends house, and move your gamertag from your friends 360 onto the USB stick.  Then put the USB stick into your own 360. 

Keep the profile on the USB, so you can move between both consoles quicker (you won't need to wait for it to recover), safer (you can keep your profile safe if you keep it with you), and more reliable (you won't get problems like you're describing).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try also,

If you dont want to us a USB.

Clear the system cache.

System settings > memory > device options > clear system cache.

You could also try deleteing the profile only from your hard drive under gamer profiles in memory.

After that the console would be clear of your profile and you shouldnt have any issues with recovering your account.

hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.