Recovering my gamertag??

Okay, I had my original gamertag [GT removed] for many years, I moved to the states for 6 months and recovered it through a friends xbox and had no problems accept I couldn't purchase any xbox points or renew my live account because it was a UK account and the different regions was the problem. I've moved back to the UK and have bought a new xbox elite, I tried recovering my original gamertag [GT removed] and put in my windows live email address which has never changed and it recovered what I thought would be my gamertag but its a completely new one called LawfulTeacher96 which I believe is one of the ones that is given to you when you first sign on. It has my name on it as [name removed] which is correct but none of my achievements, avatar etc...Its completely a fresh new avatar. I have no idea where that came from and on top of that its got the american dashboard so I'd be unable to add points, live etc... How do I recover my original gamertag?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It sounds like instead of recovering your account you chose the "Create GT" option, which on the console would generate a random name like the one you have. Try using the "Recover" option and make sure you are putting in the WLID properly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope I'm putting in all the write information. My email address and password has never changed. I can't figure it out! My profile might still be on my mates console in the states, but that shouldn't be why I can't recover the original gamertag on the new uk xbox console. I didn't have a problem doing this when I was in the states.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem ,I bought a new Xbox and recovers my account with all my information and it randomly gives me a new account and removed my account from my Microsoft account

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey VivaceFob1! We'd be happy to help you out if you could create your own thread in this forum detailing your issue and listing any steps you've already tried! Thank you :)

Sorry this didn't help.