Recovering my account

I have tried for the past 3 days to figure out why it was doing this, but my gamertag randomly said it was corrupted so i deleted it off my harddrive (the profile only) and then tried to recover it. I have no problem actually recovering it as i know my information, but every time i try to get to the recovery screen it just goes black for about a minute or 2 and then a screen appears that says "the game couldnt start. try downloading the game again. for more help, visit www.xbox.com/support." and idk why its doing that when all i want to do is recover my account. Help would greatly be appreciated as im losing valuable battlefield bad company 2 multiplayer time. :)  thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is your console able to pass the Network Connection Test? Please run that and let us know the results. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, my console has passed the test, i tried putting my harddrive in my brothers xbox 360 too and using his connection and he couldnt connect but mine seems to be able to...i have tried it today again and it is still happening, it says the message about the game disc not being able to load but i dont need a game to recover my account and nothings in the disk tray so idk :o

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you try clearing your console's cache?

Sorry this didn't help.

idk how to do that but ill do my best to figure it out

Sorry this didn't help.

alright i figured out how to clear it, i did clear it, and im still getting the message and cannot recover my account. but i do think its running a little bit smoother and faster now :)   it starts to load after the error message appears and says "xbox live signup is currently unavailable. please try again later" i dont always get to see this screen but i did see it once when i tried on friday...idk what else to do

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Matt! I'm sorry you're having trouble recovering your account. One additional thing I would suggest is trying to recover on another console, and then move your profile over with a USB device. If you can successfully do this, there may be an issue with your console or network connection. Please let me know how this goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

well, i tried it but it said it couldnt recover my account and im pretty sure i used the right email and password so idk whats going on but this really sucks :/  i also tried to create a new account temporarily and tried to join xbox live but i got the same game error message and that xbox live signup is currently unavailable...yet my network connection is just fine it just wont work for some reason

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again! So to confirm, we're having issues recovering multiple accounts on your console now, correct? Did you also try recovering on another console? How did that go?

It's starting to sound like an issue with either your connection or console. After exhausting all possibilities, it might be worth either moving this or creating a new post in 02 Connection to see if there is a LIVE component to this issue that can be fixed with troubleshooting there. Let me know what you find out there. Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Well every other console in my house has tried to go to the recover thing but it says to download some update and whenever i tried to it wouldnt load more than like a centimeter of the load bar and then it would say there was an error and take it to the home page. Both of them! idk why but yeah im still working on figuring this out..im starting to think that something happened and my xbox might have technical problems since it thinks im trying to play a game rather than recover my account, my connection is perfectly fine tho ive passed the test every time ive tried and im almost positive its a technical problem. is there any place i can take my xbox to have its insides examined by a strange man with a glove?

Sorry this didn't help.

oh and as you can see, my account has a lot of gamerscore (to me atleast) and i have a lot of things i just want back, such as my avatar and the achievements and what not...but yeah if gamestop or best buy or some place like that can look at my xbox or if theres a more official place i have to go please let me know

Sorry this didn't help.