recovering gamertag

yesterday i went to my friends house and recovered my gamertag just fine, but today at my house when i tried to recover it it kept on saying that signin was temperarily un available. plese awnswer back

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

One reason you can get that error is if your account is suspended (either temporarily or banned/ permanently). If yours isn't, it soon will be for the avatar skin color that isn't attainable through the Avatar Editor. (Also, quite a busy achievement day on 2011-08-04!) If you didn't delete the account from the friend's console (if that's really where it was in the interim), try signing it to it on that console and see if you get the suspension notice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you sure that your friend isn't signing into your gamertag while it is still on his console, and you're not there?  Did you delete the account from your friends 360 before you tried to recover it on your 360?

Obviously, you travel between your 360 and your friends.  Constantly recovering your gamertag that way can cause problems like you are experiencing.  The 'Recover Gamertag'  feature is designed only to be used sparingly.  What you should do instead is move your gamertag onto a USB stick.  There are various advantages in doing this:

• Speed: How long does it take to recover your gamertag?  How much time do you take waiting for the information to download onto the console from Xbox Live?  When you plug in the USB with your gamertag, you can start playing straight away, no waiting.

• Reliability: Your gamertag can be corrupted if there is a problem with your network connection during gamertag recovery.  This won't happen on a USB stick.

• Security:  While your gamertag is on somebody else's console, they have full access to that gamertag.  If they decide to do anything on your gamertag that will result in a ban of your account from Xbox Live, YOU are the one who has to face the consequences, not them.  The "....but my friend did it" excuse simply will not cut it.  You, and you alone are held responsible for your account.  If you keep your gamertag on a USB stick, you keep it with you.  Meaning you always have control of it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, and by the way.  That bright blue modded Avatar your gamertag is sporting is grounds for a permanent ban from Xbox Live for System Tampering.  You will be forfeiting everything you have (Map Packs, Gold Subscriptions, MS Points, XBL Arcade games, everything) when the account is banned.  Was being blue worth losing all that? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Nice catch Zen.

Sorry this didn't help.