Recovering gamertag

I created my account over 6 years ago.  I know the email address used, however its not accessible.  I don't know the answer to my security question.  Ive tried to fill out the form multiple times with no success.  They basically told me I'm ***.  Which is *** ***. If there is truly no way to get it back then I want the hundreds of dollars I've spent on the account refunded.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It is solely your responsibility to make sure your security proofs and account info is accurate.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thats great and I understand that.  I know its my fault that I dont remember exactly what the answer is.  I know what address was used name and what CC but they're still telling me in screwed.  Thats BS to me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

this is why you should keep that stuff written down somewhere safe.  if they did not know it was you or not anybody can say this is my email and CC (if they have it) give me my account.  but if they cannot tell it is you then there is nothing they can do sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

If someone is good enough to have the cc address name gt basically everything except for the answer to the stupid question to steal a xbox account than good for them.  

But to tell me the owner im *** because I cannot remember wtf i typed in something like 6 years ago is BS.  

Its one of those things i never thought about.  i just purchased a game through instant about 3 days before my HD crapped out.  im bout to file with my CC to get at least that charge back, hopefully.  Its just amusing to me we let companies get away with what is basically robbing us.  

Sorry this didn't help.

as said it not the companies fault that you do not have the info needed to prove who you are and there are no refunds you should still be able to access anything on the 360 as long as you do not delete it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the info, there still saying its not "enough"  I have the 3 CC used on the account, 2 addresses, names, hell even the xbox id.  

Sorry this didn't help.

If you call Customer support, you can use the email to verifythe account, then use your information to get into the account and as long as you have a viable last 4 for ANY card on THAT account, you can get through security on their side and they will be able to help you.

All youll need is the Request Number from the  LAST email that said you did not have sufficient info AND your xbox's console ID.

Customer support will be able to escalate this up to the microsoft account team and have a passwird reset sent to a new email to get you back into your account. I'm sorry it took this much posting before help got to you.

This is fixable Wiser, easily fixable. Just don't lose your info after you get it all situated out.

You probably never ever put info into the microsoft account. LIVE gamertags and microsoft accounts are two COMPLETELY different things, if your LIVE account has info on it and you never physically altered your MSA yourself, this will happen. They are not the same at all. But they go hand in hand, A support agent will be able to descirbe this better

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats what the online help said, when I called I was told because something wasn't matching that it couldn't be escalated.  Ill call again tomorrow.  I know I have all the information needed.  

Thanks for the help, Im just frustrated.  Its hard sometimes but I know its not the person on the phones fault, but some times i just want to rip them a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.