Recovering files deleted from Cloud

Hello,

[Note sure if this should be located here or in the "Managing my Xbox Live Account ..." forum, so if it's in the wrong spot, feel free to move it with my apologies!]

I was trying to clear up some room on the Cloud for the game I am currently playing (Fallout: New Vegas) by removing some old save files stored there (Fallout 3). When I deleted the save files from the Cloud, however, they were removed from my hard drive as well. Do I have any recourse at all?

This is irritating for all of the obvious reasons. Firstly, it didn't warn adequately (in my opinion) that anything I've stored on the Cloud is synced in such a way that it can't be removed without deleting it from my hard drive as well. Secondly, the idea that I have to upload all of my saved files from a game or none at all is bizarre. Why can't I back up the most important ones? And if I can (say, by going through them one-by-one, though I'm now scared to test this), why would the software assume that if I remove a title from the Cloud altogether, I must therefore want to remove it from my HD as well?

Obviously, losing hundreds of hours of gameplay/progress is maddening, so if there's a way to recover the lost files, I'd be forever grateful. As it is, I'm pretty unhappy with the way Cloud and my Xbox are linked as though in some kind of suicide pact. :P

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

(Sorry for the formatting. This is obviously not my day!)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.