Recovering Deceased Father's Gamertag

Hello,

My father passed away in 2007, and I wish to recover his gamertag in some way. I have tried to recover his gamertag by changing my current gamertag to his old one, however it is unavailable for use. My theory is that because the account was created during the original black Xbox era AND the fact that he Beta tested Xbox Live itself back in 2002, the account is 'etched in stone' to preserve that status.

I originally talked to Xbox Support over the phone, and they told me to post here and try to get a response from a Microsoft representative/agent. The support agent informed me that they did not have access to original Xbox gamertags, let alone Beta gamertags. I understand that an original Xbox gamertag cannot be validated for the reason that it wasn't linked to an email account, however I do have other personal details including name, date of birth, gamertag, etc. If somebody can answer this question that has the ability to recover his account to my Xbox, or make that gamertag available for me to change (Via Xbox Live Gamertag changer) after verifying that I am his son and know enough personal details that I can claim the account, I would much appreciate it.

The mentioned personal info about my father will be available to those who have the capability to answer and execute my request. It would really mean a lot to me. Please no spam comments, and only answer if you have the capability of fulfilling this request upon validation, or have the ability of referring the issue to someone who can

Thank you in advance for the person(s) who read this, and post.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The only way to get an account would be to know the Email and password, and I don't believe that if the account your looking for is a Original Xbox account you would be able to get Information because as you said Xbox Support doesn't have access to the Original Xbox Accounts, and you said their was no Email associated with the account? then their would be No way for you to recover it, if your lucky the account will be "Recycled" and the Gamertag you want will be up for grabs.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Good Luck to you!!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.