Recovering an account! Urgently need help!

When I made my 'original' account, (Ive made the one i'm on now in the purpose of trying to get help) JAY CD, i used a windows live account that has now expired and i'm no longer able to sign into xbox.com or recover my gamer tag.
I have tried to change the email address that is connected with my gamer tag but to no prevail! Though i can still use xbox live... the problem is I am soon to buy a new xbox (the limited edition gears console) and i'm at risk of losing my account and everything on it... Someone please help, is there anything i can do? Or am i doing something wrong? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will have to phone Xbox Support to get your Windows LIVE ID sorted out.

When you get your new xbox, you can just copy your gamertag and all of your game saves to a USB flash drive, as long as it's at least 1Gb and a maximum of 16GB.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, please take a look at this website: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972159 It describes the process of how you should go if your Windows Live ID has expired. It's good that you can still access your gamertag on that console. Please follow the instructions on that website and it should explain the process of how you should be able to change the e-mail on the account via the XBOX 360 console to a new Windows Live ID account so that you will be able to use the account when you purchase your new XBOX 360. If you need anymore assistance please don't be afraid to ask :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.