Recovering Account/Gamertag Originally Set Up On an Email Account That is Now Inactive!

I have 2 different Gamertags associated with 2 different accounts.  (This one I can obviously get into).  The one I use most frequently is registered to an email address that is now deactivated.  I have tried everything I can find in the self help sections.  When I log in to XBox Live using the Gamertag I am getting the error code 8015D002 and 8015D003.  I went to XBox support as direct.  I cannot change the password because it emails the link to the bad email address, and for some reason, am not given the option to reset via text.  I also cannot access the settings section when am on the Xbox in this Gamertag.  I have tried to "recover" account, and it emails my correct address "Unfortunately we are unable to verify your ownership...etc..." and is telling me I have to set up a new accunt.  I still have 2 months of Live Membership associated with the account in question.  Is there Any other way to verify the security info?  So the email address is bad, I apparently have attempted to reset the password too many times, and also am apparently not providing the correct security info to update the email address.  If I set up ANOTHER account in addition to this one and that bad one, will I be able to transfer that Gamertag and Gold Membership?  I don't want to lose my contacts etc? I called Live support yesterday and sat on hold for an hour no one every picked up, so I disconnected.  Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: