Recovering a hacked account region

My account was hacked and they switched the region to Russia. Microsoft is completely terrible in handling this issue you would think that they would be able to revert the account to the state before it got hacked but that concept will blow the mind of anyone you talk to in tech support. For every one person that happens to move to russia and needs to change their region there are 10k of us who are screwed because someone hacked in and changed it. Your best bet is to remove any credit cards from the account if you can and buy a ps3 or start gaming on your pc. Xbox only cares about money the security and needs of their customers is not a priority.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The same thing happened to me in August, my account was hacked and the region was changed to Brazil.  I was reimbursed for the points they bought, my gamertag is restored, but the region is still Brazil and it is now almost Christmas.  4 months and my dashboard is still in Portugese!  Apparently a hacker can change my region but Microsoft can't?  This is by far the most horrible CS experience I've ever had in my life.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well 2 things

first and foremost it won't do you anygood to remove the creditcard

when an account is migrated your billing and creditcard details are removed

so there isn;t any need for that

2nd no they cannot change your region back as it corrupted your billing details and purchases (zeroed out)

migration forfeits all download rights

so its not simple as flipping a switch due to your download history is now gone

they have to recode your account'

suggestion start practicing good account security

have a mixed caps and numbers password and don't use the same details on every site (people do do that)

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/70970.aspx

this is a good read

Sorry this didn't help.

There's nothing wrong with my account security.  EA got hacked (they won't admit it, but that's what happened) by FIFA 11/12 players.

Sorry this didn't help.