Recovering a forgotten account

When my brother first got an xbox 360, we did not have xbox live. On his hard drive, I created an account "kamori" and I this account was silver, and only has ever been silver. When we finally got xbox live, I went to upgrade my "kamori" account to gold, but for some reason it had me enter in a gamertag. I tried "kamori" again. but it said it was taken ( not sure if this is because of the previous account I created or not ) so I went with "kamori 3".  Later on, I got my own xbox, and recovered my "kamori 3" account onto it, and my "kamori" account was left on my brothers hard drive. He has his hard drive up in college with him, and I don't think it is connected to xbox live.

I want to recover my "kamori" account onto my new hard drive, but I can't remember the email address and password. I thought I remembered it tonight, but I am not to sure.

I have sent "kamori" a friend request on my "kamori 3" account, so I can view it's gamer card. The gamer card has 0 gamer score, 0 games played ( Like my silver Kamori account ) but at the top of the gamer card, the bar is gold ( not silver ) does this mean that it is NOT the account I created on my brothers hard drive? or does it just mean, I was signed into xbox live at some point on my "Kamori" account, and it went gold with free membership, and because I haven't sign on xbox live with that account since, that it still shows it being gold, not the silver it really is?

I tried recovering it, and it said this account is not valid. Is this because my brothers hard drive is not connected to xbox live at the moment, or because the "kamori" account is silver?

I really want this old gamertag back, and would really appreciate some help. If this didn't explain my problem well enough, you can always talk to me on xbox live. send my Kamori 3 account a chat inv, with a messege.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

And on another note, I turned 18 back in March, but can't upgrade my account to an adult account, because it asks for another payment options ( a new credit/debit card number ) and I don't have another one. How am I suppose to upgrade my account without having another debit card? I want to pay by this one (the only one I have) and still get my account upgraded

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kamori actually is an original Xbox account. It sounds like the "Kamori" you had before was actually a local profile, which does not use Gamertags. When you promoted the account, you needed to enter a new Gamertag because it was already taken. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to free it up at this time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, but if you view the "Kamori" account on xbox.live.com, there is no history of it ever playing a game, it doesn't even have an avatar created for it. Does this mean someone just created the account, and never ever touched it again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not necessarily. The LIVE Gamertag system is also used for other services, such as Zune, where they are referred to as Zune Tags. If someone was using this for a Zune account, for example, it would be in use, but would not show anything on Xbox.com.

Sorry this didn't help.