Recovered gamertag after hack, friends are gone?

My account was hacked on 9/9, I finally got the account back yesterday 10/5.  Gamertag was recovered okay, but it looks like my friends are gone.  I guess the hacker could have done this, but I doubt that since he changed none of my other personal info, not even the alternate e-mail addresses...just the Live ID and password.  Is it possible this is a glitch in the account recovery process?  Or do I have no choice but to assume the hacker did it?

Not really a big deal, just wondering if I can get them back without manually re-adding everyone.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Vulcan! Obviously the easiest and fastest solution is just to add them back. Perhaps you can ask your friends to send you friend requests and just accept them as they come in? You can try to recover your profile again to see if it helps though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only way this could happen is if the friends were deleted manually off the account. In no way could your friends simply dissappear from a "Glitch" in recovery, especially if you let the Recovery process fully finish.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.