recover my account

am trying to recover my account on my firend xboxs but is say it has problems with the cretiosno what does that mine

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Obviously, you move your gamertag from your 360 to your friends 360 often.  This is one thing you should NEVER use the "Recover Gamertag" feature for.  This can corrupt your gamertag.  

What you should do instead is move your gamertag onto a USB stick, and take that to your friends house.  This has various advantages over recovering your gamertag:

• It's much quicker.  Instead of waiting for the gamertag recovery, you just plug the USB into the 360, and you can play straight away.

• It's more reliable.  It's much less likely to be corrupted due to network problems, or other issues.

• It's more secure.  I'm sure your friend is trustworthy, but unless you delete your gamertag from your friends Xbox before you leave his house, he has full access to your account until you recover it again on your Xbox.  During that time he can do whatever he likes to it, including something that can get YOU (not him) banned from Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.