recover gamertag

Hi, I apologise for my ignorance I am mum to my 8 year old and don't play the xbox very much myself,  our xbox kept overheating so is going for repair I also purchased another xbox for my son thinking when our original came back it could be connected to another tv in his bedroom as he is growing up now, when we connected the new xbox it automatically gave us the option to recover gamertag so we accepted, but now I don't know if his profile will still be on the original xbox and if this has transferred all of his data to the new xbox, also he loves xbox live mostly, will i need to buy a family xbox gold now or will either console work on  his gamertag?

thanks for reading

Pintsizemummy

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

His Gamertag and info will be removed from his old console and put on to the new one. It can be used on both but does have to be transfered back and forth. What I suggest is putting his gamertag onto a thumbstick drive and just plugging it into whatever console he wants to use. You do not have to buy a family pack.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah...the only thing you cando is move his profile to a USB stick and move it between consoles.  Currently, you are not allowed to keep multiple copies of the same profile on multiple consoles.  The catch is that not all DLC can be copied or moved.  That is something you will have to experiment with.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help :-)

Sorry this didn't help.