recover a gamertag

hi i recently bought a new Xbox. i have tried to transfer the profile from my old one to new one, but when i try to sign in it asks for email and password which i do not remember. is there any way of recovering this information.?

any help would be appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You'll need to call support and tell them you can't remember the email and password for your Gamertag. You'll have to provide evidence that the Gamertag is yours to recover, so make sure that you have all the information you need, such as secret question/recovery questions, then they should give you your email and hints to your password.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also take a look at this article:

support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account

It might give you some helpful tips, at least if you still have access to your old xbox, and still are able to sign in on it. Hope you can figure it out. Good luck:-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you forget both your email and password?

Is this the account you are trying to get into?

Does your other xbox still works (or atleast lets you sign into XBL?)

Your xbox and this site can easily tell you which email you have connected to your gamertag.

On this site, just scroll up and click "My Account". Scroll down a bit and on the right you will see "Contact Preferences". Click that to see your email.

On the old XBOX, (if it still works and lets you sign in) On the top right corner you will see a few things flashing like your messages, gamertag, gamerscore and your email tied to the account.

Now that you know which email is tied to your Gamertag, all you have to do is come to  this site, enter your email and select forgot password so they can email you a password reset.

Sorry this didn't help.