recent xbox live connection issues

so, alls well and fine 2 days ago, no problems whatsoever, and it has been for nearly 4 months beforehand with my static ip that i had to set up to fix my nat problems

anyway, yesterday i left and took my harddrive and signed in to someone elses console on their connection and we played(read:died horribly in) some dark souls, all goes well, and no poblems emerge

flash forward, im back at my house and i log back on and every party i join , i lag out of after a few minutes, and then right back into, and every game i join, i play just fine except for an occassional ten second burst of major lag that occurs every 2 minutes or so, that, needless to say, makes xbox live unplayable

so i run the connection test and i get the icmp eror message(though it went away and i never could get it to come up after another 70 or 80 network connection tests, i tried going back to automatic, massive lag, i tried switching my static ip with both the accomodating ports forwarded and dmz, seperately, same thing, i tried factory reset on both modem and router, same thing, and im at my wits end

all the settings are the same as they were 2 days ago, but this problem is persistent and  annoying, but all my other devices wok perfectly fine

2009 elite console, belkin f7d1301 v1, and my old cox cable provided modem, for reference, anyone have any insight on this?, itd be greatly appreciated

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there, sorry if I'm missing it, but are you connecting via wired or wireless? If wireless, just to check, can you try a wired connection?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.