Recent Console/Controller Issue

For the past week or so now, everyday when I get home from work, I turn on my Xbox One and then I grab my Xbox One controller. I press the home button on the controller until it lights up, I then use the joystick or directional pad to move around...nothing. Power cycle the controller...same issue.

I have to power cycle my Xbox One console in order to get my controllers to work properly. This is every day now.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey mate,

Have you tried updating your controller by plugging it in to the xbox using the charging cable? The controller may need to update, which would hopefully fix the problem :)

Let me know how you go :)

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This does not resolve the issue. I failed to mention in the original post that not only do my controllers not work, but neither do either of my cell phones with the Smart Glass app. I have an iPhone 6 and a Windows Phone...neither of which work. Once I power cycle the Xbox One, those devices begin to play nice with the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate,

Dam, that sucks :( I'll have to leave this for a support agent then, and they should hopefully be able to shed some light on the situation

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.

Go to xbox.com. Support. Go to what your problem is, and then you can talk to an agent via messages online.

I would say you may need to trade it in for a new one. I never really had those problems before. THere's the obvious check if your batteries are dead and try to remember if you dropped them a lot. Besides those two things, hold down the power button on your Xbox One( for a complete restart). Take the batteries out of your controller. Wait a little( five to fifteen minutes) and then boot your system back up and connect your controllers. If that doesn't work. It may just be your controllers and you just need to repair them, but probably just get new ones. If that isn't the case then you need a new Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.