Receiving "Copying Prohibited" message on XBox Media Center

Microsoft's press release about Media Center on the XBox clearly states that an Exctnder should be able to play copy-once and Live TV content from my Windows 7 PC. If this is correct, then there is a definite problem here. If I start watching live TV and navigate to CBS HD, I get the dreaded "copying prohibited" message on my XBox. This content plays fine on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC. Also, once I've navigated to a copy-once channel, all subsequent channels give me the same message until I turn off and turm back on the Xbox. After that I can watch TV on the Xbox until I navigate to a channel that is copy-once.

I'm running everything on a local network and I'm using the HDHomerun Prime with a CableCard to tune in TV.

I can't find anything about updates to Win 7, the HDHomerun or Windows Media Center that might solve this problem.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sounds like a problem with drm and cbs. Not sure though as I do not use media center.

Have you tried playing the content first with Windows Media Player? This should grab the needed license file and then hopefully you'll be able to stream the file.

same issue