Receiving error code 80048821 when logging in

From this morning only, didn't have the problem occuring yesterday, i've had the security proof box appear on my xbox at log in. Upon filling in the correct details for account and password that i'm using on this account i get error code 80048821 saying that my password is incorrect or my email doesn't have a membership. However i know that both are indeed correct.

If i select the OK button at the box it takes me back to the beginning again and it does the same thing if "remember password" is selected or unselected. I would greatly appreciate any help in removing this error code and glitch.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This is happening for me as well. I have tried re-downloading the system update and clearing the cache. Nothing worked and it is very frustrating that I am paying for a live membership and I can't even sign into my account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey TwistedDippy666,

One user found this solution to work:

[quote user="GRUMAN"]

I had this problem for days.  Finally fixed it by doing this... go to storage devices, select your hard drive and press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.  select yes to roll back to the previous update, when the system reboots go back to your hard drive and press Y to clear the hard drive cache.  Then reboot, accept the download, wait for reboot, Ta-da!

[/quote]

Not sure if the clearing cache information he offered is clear so I'll provide a link for it as well. Would you mind coming back to let us know if this solution works for you as well? Thanks

How to Clear The cahce:

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey TwistedDippy666! Can I have you try resetting your Microsoft account password? To do this, you'll want to log in to your account at https://login.live.com. Make sure you have an alternate email address set up. Then log out, go back to the log in page, and click on "Can't access your account?". Follow the prompts to reset your password. Once this complete, clear your console's cache, restart it, and try todownload your profile again.  Let us know if this resolves the issue!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, what the heck!  OK, can I have you try updating your proofs using the steps on Xbox.com/proofs?  If that doesn't help, pzero, please make a new thread detailing everything you've tried.  We'll get this figured out and get you back up and gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem, nothings working for me, cache and password reset...

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that and it didn't do anything. I still get the same error message everytime i log in and confirm my details.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kasaran! For our best help, please create a new thread here detailing your issue and any steps you have already taken. We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.