Really?

So, after a long day of doing people's taxes, I go to manage a restaurant so as to try and save money for my wedding.  After that I get an hour or so to game to relieve stress before I go to bed to do it again.  I have never changed consoles, but yet I get prompted with a security check.  After entering what WAS the email and password I set up the account with, I get no where.  Then after chatting and relaying to them over and over again that the email used was my college email that was erased upon graduation, they call me.  Then on to a different chat agent where I get them telling me that the information has been sent to someone else who will send me my new information.  Well, to make a long story short, instead of getting some sleep, I might as well make coffee and bash Xbox for a little bit before I head to work.  FYI, 3.5 hours is what that process took, and they said it could be at least 24 hours before I get my new information.  So if this happens to you, prepare yourself for a stressful few hours and hopefully you don't have to work and are able to drink LOTS!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

ouch that sucks kinda slapped you in the face didnt they?

next time to avoid this when and email is going to get deleted change youre settings before it does coulda prevented the whole ordeal if youd have done that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="MeanJupiter2"] I have never changed consoles, but yet I get prompted with a security check.[/quote]

Well, to be fair, they did a lot to advertise and blog about the security week in February (be it in Majornelsons Blog and special tiles on the dashboard of the console).

They did this to prevent account theft or hijacking, and has nothing to do with your account being on your console only. Every malicious user could try to download your profile to his/her console to abuse it.

So it really is for your own accounts safety. It's like a regular oil check up. If you had done that safety stuff beforehand, your gaming experience wouldn't have been interrupted.

I proofed up my account over a year ago, and could seamlessly play Xbox every time.

So I know this event was frustrating for you. But to stay with the oil check car analogy above:

Sure you can drive your car constantly. But if you don't check on the oil, eventually your engine breaks. And the time spent while waiting for your car to be repaired, could have been prevented if you regularly checked your oil level (or the changes in your Xbox accounts security).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.