Really slow connection since switching to a sky router, help!!!!

Hi all,

I hope I posted this in the correct place. I have moved to my girlfriends and she has a decent speed internet, (i believe its at least 2mb) I am the only person in the house who has an x box and since this slowness has been occurring it has been myself and a laptop who has been connected to router. *(its encrypted so no outside users). When i test connection i get no NAT error messages so i assume thats ok and its extremely laggy when i play any games online. It struggles to load up images unless i wait at least a minute on the x box live market and i tried to download torchlight and after like 20 minutes it was on 3%. Just wondered if anyone knows what is going on, I have full bars on my signal strength to the router but I have noticed that my wireless reciever sometimes doesnt turn on when connectted so when i boot up i have to soemtimes reinsert so Im thinking it may be the dongle is finished! It was fine before the move and I have come over to the mrs with my x box and its always been fine. Download speeds on the latop are decent so can't quite understand whats going on!!! Please help! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I put in a ethernet cable and its 150% better, sorry if i wasted anyones time

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.