Really old Xbox

My xbox is really old, its from 2006. Its only red ringed once, and its got a couple problems such as disc tray gets stuck and is loud. The Fans are loud. Occasionally I get disc read errors, and E74 messages but I just restart it and its fine.

For the last couple months, I've notice my Xbox live performance has gone down hill. I just recently got Bf3 and its almost a nightmare. It takes a magazine to take people down and they only shoot me once and I die. Sometimes the assist goes haywire and it won't let me center the target but the other guy has like super auto aim and zeros me instantly.

I checked my internet over and over again, and theres nothing wrong. Ping is fine for 300 miles in every direction. I only join matches with 5 bars but I still get cruddy games. I'm thinking it has to be something with my xbox.

Could a xbox that has all these problems cause these issues? And should I consider getting it repaired or buying a new?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Doubt it would be your Xbox.

If anything it's the Disc or Internet. It could say your Full Green (Or host) and the Games Servers are actually playing mind games on you.

Me and you have the same issues with our Xbox's. And I do think you should consider getting a new Xbox...  

On a side note. Have you installed games to your HDD. It does make a slight difference  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have installed installed the games because the xbox goes nutz if I play multiplayer games off the disc. So I kind of have to if I want the disc to survive.

How could the disc cause issues?

Sorry this didn't help.

The disc can cause issues..  Such as, Won't Read the disc. Or if you're playing any game single or online. And it randomly gives you "Disc is Unreadable".

As for your connection. It would be the Servers not your console.  

Sorry this didn't help.