Really..... just really.... ? ? ? - XBOX ONE DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

Am I from the same planet as everyone else but is Microsoft not a multi billion dollar computing company?

If they are I cannot understand why their services related to computing/networking are so poor, or why they allow distributers to give such shoddy services.

I purchased a game from the market place at 1am because I wanted to play it before the shops open, paying an extra 9.99 for the digital copy at that..... and they can only provide me with between 30-50mbs often spiking below 10mbs and sometimes below as low as 100kbs?!?! Seriously what is the point.... will take me 11-40 hours to download 55gb at that speed and might as well gone to sleep and purchased a hard copy and installed from disc.

Before people decide to give me useless information about speed tests, my isp and networking advice ect, I am fully aware of my network capabilities. It certainly isn't my end, it's just MS/distributer not having the capacities/ not investing in server capacity to send me my download at 1/6 of my networks speed..... so where's all our money going? Certainly not on licensing the rubbish games they give out each month or server warehouses.

I'm sure others experience these problems, I've seen countless posts like this from people who aren't aware of why their dl speeds are so, being told to contact isp, but they can't fool me. Rant over. Suggest others show their frustration or they'll continue to give us our data from server stations the size of my toilet, probably cooled by a basic AC fan causing them to run at twice the normal temp and send packets slower than Rick Ross on a treadmill.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Skipping Baboon,

Thanks for posting on the Support Forums!

Firstly, I would like to say, that there is a known issue with the Xbox Live servers not providing an adequate speed - this has actually been raised for investigation and an Xbox Support agent is handling the case.

On your Xbox One, could you please go to Bandwidth Usage in Settings >> Network whilst downloading a game, and look at the Current Usage. You'll see it is displayed in "Mbits" - could you show the highest number that it displays over a 5 minute period please?

Finally, could you please, on a computer, go to speedtest.net, and run a test and provide the link here? This is just so we have some valuable information about your connection.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

-TheJackah; Xbox & Windows Insider. Xbox Ambassador. Web Developer & Designer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.