RE: License transferring

I'm fairly new to XBL, and i was looking at the services that xbox give you, and i stumbled upon license transferring.  After reading about it for some time, i understood what it was  but for the license transferring , for example if person A gives money to person B to buy the DLC and then gives Person B their account to do a license transfer, is that acceptable or will you get banned ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

License transferring usually occurs when you purchase a new console and want everything you had on your old console. It is not person to person, or account to account. If you were to "give" your account to somebody for pretty much any reason you would be violating the rules.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

if you are doing it to get past the region locks you will only fail

region locks will appear at your end when you download and end at 99%

and lose whatever money you spent

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="IXenoniteXM"]After reading about it for some time, i understood what it was  but for the license transferring , for example if person A gives money to person B to buy the DLC and then gives Person B their account to do a license transfer, is that acceptable or will you get banned ?[/quote]

That's not how license transfers work; you can't transfer licenses between accounts. The transfer is for when, as an example, you buy a new console and you want your offline/console licenses to be on the new console, so you can use your purchases when you don't have a connection to Xbox Live or you want your family or roommates to be able to share the content on your console.

Sorry this didn't help.