RDOD (SLIM) once but now works fine?

Hi,

Yesterday I turned my xbox 250gb slim on to see the Red Ring of Death (No error message as no display). Dismayed, I initiated the repair service, got a ref number, and today the xbox turns on no problems?.

When I got the RDOD, it was the first boot of the day (around 5pm ) so I did not attribute it too overheating (also it is in a well ventilated area etc etc), power supply light was amber (off), green (on).

So now I am faced with the possibility of it breaking in the near future and I have no idea what caused it to fault yesterday.

The plan is too play for a few hours, see If it behaves or not, obviously I cannot send it in now it works as I am sure it will just get sent back as not faulty.

Any ideas what may have caused it? I thought onced it RDOD/ RROD it was dead, never known them turn back on without any action.

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Do you mean "Red Dot of Death"? I understand that the 360S consoles don't display the three flashing lights that the original 360 console does in case of hardware failure. What exactly did you see? How many lights on the ring of light, if that's what you saw?

Generally, the hardware failure happens and it's clear that it is going to keep happening. Have you played much today? Has the console frozen at all, or displayed really messed-up graphics? The console can work intermittently, but usually not for very long. (At least, that's my experience with RRoD on two original 360 consoles.)

One reason you can get the usually-fatal, red-light indicated failure only once is if you're using your console during a power glitch/ brown-out dip. The old consoles can display RRoD after that as a "power problem", but not be an ongoing issue. I don't think it would display that the first time you turned it on after the fact, though, and I assumed the 360S would show the same "red dot" in that case.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.