RDOD, and all this other stuff.

Ok, so I've had this Xbox for about I good two years but as soon as the second year started in, it started having problems. First, it started to not read my discs at all. Then, it would shut off for no reason, like I would never tell it the shut off, and the noise it makes when you would power down would play all the time when I turned it on. So I would turn it off, unplug the power cord from the outlet an unplug the powerbrick. Then about two weeks after I let it sit, it brought up the overheating warning, shut off, then got the Red Dot Of Death. So i just forgot about and unplugged everything to the Xbox. About 3 months later, I play it. No RDOD, no power-down noise. It was perfect. Then 2 weeks after, it starts to do the noise and shut down thing again. I have no clue what the problem is, but it seems to work if I leave it for 3 months, and play it for two week. Please help and suggest anything that could help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hello my friend,

The issue i am seeing here is with the power brick, you see, the power brick as you will know powers the console, but when it becomes damaged it affects the console as well, hence the sounds, and RROD, my advice to you is to change the power brick and that should do the trick.

Regards.

-B

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.