Rattling sound in xbox slim.

My Xbox slim has a slit rattling sound. All of my other consoles had it to. My discs are not damaged and it runs the games excellent. I have to horizontal on a solid surface. Only some games make the console to that rattling sound. If I download the to my hard drive then there's no sound what so ever. I hear its very common in consoles. the sound is pretty quiet. I will only notice if it I have the sound on my TV all the way down. Now for my questions. Should I be worried? Will this cause any damage in the future? Basically is everything going to be ok?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The rattling should be coming from one of the vents on the side of the console.  If you feel around to where the rear right side of the console where the vent pops open for the hard drive you'll find that's where it's coming from.  I've just removed the vent entirely and voila... no more rattle.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Skyrim Dragon, please follow the same technical support advice that has been given to you countless times now for all of your technical support related issues, like this one here. Once again that advice is located here; forums.xbox.com/.../436901.aspx

You do not need to create a new thread every time you have a technical support query because every time, the advice you should follow is the same. forums.xbox.com/.../436901.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.