Ratings setting question among multiple accounts

I have only one console in my household. I have a Gold account, my wife and son(age 4) are set up with Silver. 

Is there a way to have the ratings settings apply to only the one account on the console (I checked out the exceptions setting, but it appears that carries over into his account also from what I experimented with), in such a way that my and my wife's adult accounts won't be forced to enter the passcode yet again in order to bypass what I want my son blocked from seeing on his own account (like if he decides to get up at 5am and play some Xbox, I don't want him to have acces to Dead Rising 2, etc.) I just find it highly annoying that we have passcodes to log in to our own accounts but everything (games,tv/app, etc)  shows as the grey squares. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There are two types of controls you can set, under the xbox settings you will see "privacy" and "family" privacy is for that profile only, and family is for the entire xbox

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

You may want to read that article on how to set them, but for what it seems you are asking there isn't a way around it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I already messed around with the privacy stuff when I made his account too, but that doesn't cover what I'm wanting to do. Thanks for taking a stab at it though.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only option you would have to block a game for him but allow for you would be to remove a game from the "allowed" list each time you play it

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunate for me, but I think you're right.

Sorry this didn't help.