rant: merging offline xbox profile with xbox live profile

So I recently purchased the xbox 1 and was required to create an account with it.  I then proceeded to play several games with this account.  Since then I attempted to go back to my xbox 360 to use the offline profile I had there and attach it to the xbox live profile... only to find out that I couldn't.  That xbox, microsoft, and all the expert developers and customer services reps for this fine organization just didn't think that it was necessary to allow for that capability.  Searching on this website I've found several posts where the customers are blatantly told that it just isn't possible, sorry, you're out of luck. 

This is a very real disappointment for me and, unless you're using this forum on a frequent basis, there doesn't appear to be a section to air this complaint, so I am just using this post as a means of adding my voice to what is likely many others.  It is simply ridiculous that this is not a capability. 

Google can do it.  Playstation can do it. Heck, Leapfrog can do it.  You really can't figure it out here at Microsoft?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Sorry to hear that you're upset.  However, it has never been possible to merge accounts on Xbox.  If you would like to have your offline profile join Live then you would need to create a new email address to add to it.

As for your comments regarding Playstation and Google I did some research and found that it is not possible to merge profiles on either service.  There was no mention of this ability anywhere for Leapfrog.

community.eu.playstation.com/.../18885218

support.google.com/.../63304

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.