Randonly disconnected from xbox live!!!!

I have being having this problem for a couple of months now but I'm tired of dealing with it. I thought it was my router so I when out and bought a new one and still the same problem. My daughter's xbox doesn't have this problem and everything else on my home network is still able to connect to the internet without a problem. I've reloaded my profile and have reset the xbox back to factory network settings nothing has worked. Where is my information from the Start Here Forum.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/VA/Newport News
Modem brand & model number: Cisco DPS3010
Router brand & model number:  Linksys E4200
If Wireless: an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter
Things you have tried: Reloaded profile, reset networking settings, manually add ip address, bought a new router
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Cox
W:0000-0021
X:4000-1001
Y:0000-0000
Z:0000-0000
ID:0001-0002
L:8015-1000
Q:8015-100D
T:Wireless
D:0.0.0.0
S:WPA2
C:11

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Davari! I understand you are having some issues with your connection. The first thing I notice is that you mention you have a lot of other devices (including another Xbox) on your network. Are they all trying to use the network at once? I would suggest checking into enabling UPnP on your router. I found this guide (www6.nohold.net/.../ukp.aspx) that might help you enable UPnP if you are stuck. Try that out and let us know if you notice any improvements. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

UPnP is enable and I'm still having the problem. I've changed the channels on my router but that didn't change anything I'm still getting dropped from Xbox live. If I'm playing a match or in a lobby waiting I don't get disconnected but as soon as I leave it drops. I'm seeing that there are alot of people having these problems so I'm just trying to find out who's end the problem is on so hopefully we can get this fixed sometime soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Davari, does this issue occur 24/7, or is it more intermitten than that? Specifically, does this issue occur on any other consoles in the house? Does it occur when those consoles are not in use as well as when they are?

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah it is happening 24/7 and no it isn't happening on any other console. I have run a 50 ft ethernet cable from my bedroom where my router is to my downstairs living room to my xbox and I haven't been disconnected since. So it is my wireless card that I'm having an issue with so I'm going to contact microsoft tommorrow about getting it fixed since it is still under warranty. Thanks for all the support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello davari02! Thanks for your update. :) The information about your connection being fine with an ethernet cable is very helpful! Before we can conclude that the wireless adapter is at fault, we do need to ask a few more questions. :) If you were to imagine a straight line between your console and your router, how far would it be? How many walls or floors are in between? Also, do you have any wireless telephones or Xbox accessories near your console? One common accessory that can cause this issue is wireless gaming headsets. Let us know! Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.