randomly disconnecting whilst playing destiny

Getting really fed up with my xbox kicking me off saying i have no internet connection whilst playing destiny. My internet is fine nothing else loses connection on 150MB virgin fibre optic anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi there!

I also have Virgin Media 150Mb fibre optic, but have personally never had any connection issues to the Bungie servers or Destiny etc.

There's a few things you could try, which could potentially help resolve issues.

Do you have the Virgin Media SuperHub 2? I know that this has had some problems with the Xbox One for some people. Have you tried rebooting your router to fix the problem? Also have you tried power cycling your Xbox One at the same time to completely boot everything freshly? Is your NAT type Open, Moderate or Strict? Moderate isn't usually a problem, but Strict can cause problems. You can check this in Settings > Network. 

The last thing I can think of doing would be to attempt to port forward and/or open ports by accessing your router settings directly. I believe for the SuperHub2 it's 192.168.0.1. From there you will need to press "Advanced Settings", and then find "Port Forwarding" under security. You'll then need to check THIS article on Bungie support, as it lists all the open ports needed to play Destiny. It does recommend attempting to enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router before attempting a port forward, to see if that helps. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.