Randomly disconnecting from xbox live...

My xbox is randomly disconnecting from xbox live. It will disconnect when it is idle, while watching netflix, etc... All of my other devices work with the internet. My download speed is 25mgps. It disconnects about ten times per day. I've tried re-downloading the profiles, using a memory unit instead of the hard drive, running the test, resetting the router/modem, using ethernet instead of wireless, clearing the system cache, and nothing works. It gives me no error codes (except one time it surprisingly gave me this one: R8157-3001) and usually all I need to do is resign in and it'll be connected. I can either resign in, go back to Xbox home screen, or go to test connection and it will reconnect to xbox live.  Every time I contact xbox support they each give me a different option to try and still nothing works. This is very aggravating so I'm trying to use the forum as a last ditch attempt. Please help! 

Equipment:

Xbox 360 Slim

Internet modem/router: Netgear Wireless Cable Gateway model CG3000D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

got same issue.2nd time now.lost netgear router 2 lightning.know prob but cant fix this time.help me back pls.the router and xbox cant communicate properly.u need router ask 4 online password.wireless needs2 and lan needs one

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Chick! OK, so I'm guessing that a lot of the steps that support went over with you are these: Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE. But it's a good idea to check out that guide anyway in case there's any they missed.

Now, assuming we need to dig a little deeper into the nitty-gritty here, can I have you fill out the info requested here? START HERE for connection troubleshooting!

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.