Randomly disconnecting from Xbox Live

Ok, so as per the forums mods instructions to others I have created my own thread for this fault. I recently changed internet service providers in the beginning of December. In my telephone exchange no matter what provider I choose I go through BT's equipment as it is not unbundled yet, only has BT's equipment in it for broad band and telephone if that's important? I got my Xbox 360 S in February last year and it has been fine and went online fine with Battlefield 3.

I had also managed to play online and use my console fine since changing providers. Anyway, I got MW3 on Christmas and was staying with relatives and I played the game fine on there connection using wireless but I didn't play it extensively.

I came back home and setup the console onto my own wireless network again, and it was fine for the first 2 days but I have been getting the random Xbox Live disconnection since Sunday I think. I have tried WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, TKIP, AES, Ports Forwarded, different wireless channels, resetting the router to defaults, power cycling the router, deleted my profile and cache and re-downloaded the profile several times. UPNP on and off. Clearing the wireless network settings on the console and re-connecting several times.

But I am STILL getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live. It works for a few hours then drops weather I'm playing a game in MW3 or in the games menu. Then once t's gone I cannot get the Xbox Live connection back, trying all the things above gets it back but again next day it's gone! In fact today it's down it twice. And every time I run the test everything is fine apart from the Xbox Live, I have several other devices using wireless and have had NO problems with ANY of them. I have tested the connection with only my console and laptop connected too. 

My test results are:

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England UK in Dorset
Modem brand & model number:  Sky Sagemcom F@ST 2504N Wireless N router
Router brand & model number:   Sky Sagemcom F@ST 2504N Wireless N router
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?  Using the Xbox 360 S internal adapter
Things you have tried:   See Above
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown  Yes
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?  Not had any NAT errors, it is constantly open
Any Error Codes you encounter:   I have not received any 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  Sky Broadband
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 0021
X:  0000 - F001
Y:  20A8 - 4840
Z:  0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L:  8015 - 1925
Q:  8007 - 0435
T:  Wireless
D:  192.168.0.1, 0.0.0.0
S:  WPA2
C:  6

And today it worked totally fine this morning. Just turned it on now and instantly I get an error message about logging into Xbox Live (A Problem Occurred while signing in) etc.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am getting the exact same problem, come on microsoft sort it out

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, XBL status simply has an alert about viewing messages and how that may be a problem, but doesn't address the numerous people who are saying they cannot connect to XBL at all suddenly - like us.  I've seen several people posting the same problem.  Go figure.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just managed to log back in, started COD MW3 and it lost the Xbox Live connection before I played any game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing has started happening to me. I can play single player games fine, but as soon as I try to play multiplayer, I get kicked offline for no apparent reason

Sorry this didn't help.

Can the microsoft help team on here tell me if when it happens today (I haven't tried it yet) I should remove my hard drive and see if it works? As another thread on here you said it may be the profile and I've already deleted and downloaded mine several times already? Can I still log onto XBL with no hard drive installed and play a game?

Sorry this didn't help.

im getting same issue while playing Dawn of War 2 . its really getting annoying and destroying my game stats cause it gives me a loss. this has been going on for weeks and i have made other post on this as well . i think i will not buy anymore GFWL games in the future if this continues.

Sorry this didn't help.

just wanted to add that I will play for an hour and im good. but then ill start getting disconnected while in mid game.sometimes ill go hours and have no issues at all then ill get 6 disconnects in a 2 hour period.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello I See Mutiply People Are Having Issues Staying Conected To Xbox Live? "We Are Currently Updating The Sever's As Of 1/05/2012 5AMEST The Servers Should Be Back To Normal Around 12Midnight 1/07/2012. Once Again We Apllogize For Any inconvenience."

That Came From A Support Rep Him Self

Sorry this didn't help.

Also Please Check To See What Your Nat Type Is If It Is Not Open Please Resset You Router And That Should Fix The Problem

Sorry this didn't help.