Randomly Disconnected?

Hi i got the brand new 250GB Slim for christmas (i upgraded from my 60GB Pro) And it just randomly disconnects me from xbox live, the xbox live party or games, but mostly xbox live. I never had this trouble with my old Pro and i just don't get it, both my brothers have xbox's  and they never disconnect and i even disconnect when i am the only one on the internet. As well i disconnect when i'm not in a party or online just in signleplayer. Is it my Xbox's fault? Btw one of my brothers has a slim and the other has a 20GB pro, Thanks for looking!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Does your router have any special settings, for your Xboxes?   You may need to change some settings in your router for your new Xbox to work properly.

Also, If you use wireless, to connect your Xbox to your router, the new 360s' internal wireless has a bit of a limited range.  You may simply be at the marginal limit of its wireless range.   If so, you can try moving your Xbox and router closer together, or look into Powerline adapters instead of wireless.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

menace what if you use a wireless extender?

Sorry this didn't help.

Wireless extenders can work, but they can be tricky too.   You may get better performance from Powerline adapters.

Sorry this didn't help.