Randomly disconnected from Xbox Live only on my 360s with Verizon Fios after upgrading router to new g1100

I just upgraded my router from the Actiontec MI424WR to the G1100. I am wondering if anyone else has experience the following problem and if they have a solution.

Now I am into an issue with Fios keeping a connection to xbox live on selected xbox devices.

I have 3 xbox 360 and 2 xbox one connecting to the network.

Both Xbox One maintain solid connection to live, but the 360 experience I have a totally different experience.

My set up has 1 Xbox One Wired, 1 wireless. I have 2 xbox 360 wireless and 1 wired.

I am also experiencing problems with one of my desktops which is wired that randomly loses a connection to internet.

I been using this TRENDnet 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch (TE100-S80G) to help with wired connections.

Both Xbox Ones on the network remain connected at all times, or at least I haven't seen a drop.

My experience with my xbox 360s are completely different from my Xbox One.

They all drop connection randomly every 5 to 20 min. I can immediately sign back in , but this continuosly happens.

I was able to get one xbox 360 to maintain a continuous connection by putting it IP address and enabling DMZ on it.

I have tried port forwarding but that doesn't work.

Anybody have any suggestions or solution?

Or should I just shipped back the G1100 and go back to Actiontec MI424WR.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 190 Applies to:

acaraba2, nice work!

First of all, please do not use DMZ, manual Port Forwarding and UPnP at the same time. Recommended setup for all configurations is UPnP, without manual configuration at all. Because most routers do not provide low level configuration parameters, like keepalive timeouts and so on.

1. Disable DMZ.

2. Delete Port Forwarding and Port Triggering rules

3. Set Firewall to Typical

4. Enable Security Log for all Blocked connection events

5. Enable UPnP and cleanup of unused services for it

6. Save and reboot router

After that shutdown Your consoles and start only one Xbox 360, check if issue persist. And if issue is happen again, check Your router logs for every event at time of issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox360(1) Wired > Switch > Router

Xbox360(2) Wireless > Router

Xbox360(3) Wireless > Router

XboxOne(1) Wired > Switch > Router

XboxOne(2) Wireless > Router

I am not sure what you exactly mean by Automatic UPnP is?

I did notice when I was using g1100 it automatically open certain ports to my Xbox One without me entering any just from it being connected to the network.

I manually port forward to 1 xbox 360 since the router always tells you cant open the same ports to more than one device.

The 2nd xbox360 normally IP is entered into the DMZ and is enabled.

Sorry this didn't help.

acaraba2, let's start from beginning, how Your network map looks like now?

For example Xbox 360 Wired > Switch > Router, Xbox 360 Wireless > Router, Xbox One Wired > Router.

What current configuration on Your router is? Do You use manual port forwarding or automatic UPnP based?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies. I went back with my old router for the time being.

I think there's a problem with either the router or routers firmware with Xbox Live on the 360.

I tried to play Gears of War (backwards compatible) on the xbox one. My xbox one was connecting to live just fine but the emulator experience the same problems my xbox 360's do and failed to connect to live or when it did would just disconnect within 5 minutes. The xbox live connection for the xbox one was fine as I was able to get into party chat, hope into another game lobby on the xbox one. My connections said open and running the test on the X1 found no problems.

I really would like to try and get the g1100 working. The wireless speed are 10 times faster than Actiontec MI424WR. The Xbox One that has a wireless connection went from 4 mb/ 4mb download/upload to 40/40.

I don't mind trying to troubleshoot.

I been using the Portforwarding software that was mention in the post above yours  , I tried giving fixed IPs, I've use the public DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in both the 360 settings and in my router settings.

The only trick that kept one of the 360s to stay online was adding its IP address to the DMZ and enabling it.

But again that isn't a permanent fix because eventually It will eventually disconnect and then will not want to reconnect until I completely reboot the router.

Is there any difference in connections between Xbox Live on the 360 and the X1? As the problem only occurs with my 360's.

Thanks again

Sorry this didn't help.

acaraba2, If You can do this, use old router, it's most simple solution in Your case.

But if You like, we can try to troubleshoot Your network, this of course can't guarantee that all be fixed after, if Your router has some issues in firmware for example.

So please let me know, what You decide.

Sorry this didn't help.

So as you've mentioned. You were able to establish solid connection on one of your Xbox 360 by providing fix IP address. Was it successful and never get disconnected again?

If yes, I would highly suggest that you do the same with the other 360's. I would suggest too, that change the last 3 of the ip address from range 099-150. Then save it,

That IP address will be permanently assigned by your modem/router/gateway.

You may also try to change DNS to Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

Here, this may help you.

support.xbox.com/.../random-disconnect-solution

setting with your router? find it here.

portforward.com/.../routerindex.htm

Let me know if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.