Randomly Disconnected from XBL

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can help me with this, as calling XBL support 4 times didn't help any.  Within the last 3-4 weeks or so, i've started to randomly get disconnected from XBL when playing any single player games, or games where I am not playing with other players online.  This happens with any game, both full retail games and XBL arcade games.  It is very annoying as with xbl arcade games, I will finish the level I am on and if i happen to get disconnected, then I get returned to the trial version as i am no longer signed in.  With full retail games, i get kicked out to the menu as I am no longer signed in to be able to save my progress.  VERY ANNOYING.  I have checked with my ISP (twice), and there are no issues there.  I have rebooted my router/modem countless number of times with no success.  My xbox is currently hard wired from my router.  I have also tried deleting my profile and reimporting, with no success.  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, at this rate I might have to move on to ps3 as my progress cannot be saved with xbox live. 

Thanks.

Driver8

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried WiFi on your xbox? Maybe get a wireless adapter and try, if this does not work return it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried using this link support.xbox.com/.../game-play.aspx

click on the one where it say frequently disconnected from Xbox Live

Sorry this didn't help.

get a ps3 online isnt better but but playstation network is good

Sorry this didn't help.

Go to speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you and one in between. Then post the results (dl, ul and ping) here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, sorry for the late response but here is the following info from questions asked in the previous posts:

1. TG X CHAOS - I haven't tried wireless since this issue started happening, but will test tonight when i get off wrk.

2. HELDBOWL 3 - I looked through the links and have tried all the steps a few times before.  My connectivity test doesn't throw any errors.  Most of these seem like common sense when troubleshooting any network issues.

3. Temhotabot - I'm located on east cost:

1st test on Speedtest.net from my state i got 5 ms ping/20 mbps dl/7.46 mbps ul

2nd test on west coast - 85 ping/15.58 dl/4.84 ul

3rd test in between - 35 ping/19.02 dl/6.57 up.  

Please keep in mind that my work laptop was connected to my network during these tests, so the speeds might actually be a little higher, i usually get 5 ping/24-27 dl/8ul.

I also have port forwarding setup and tried all basic network troubleshooting steps.  Also, I have been at the same house, with the same cable plan for years and this has just recently started happening.  Any ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

How long have you had your router and your modem.  I had a 6 year old Arris modem and it started dropping every game I played on Reach.  I replaced it with a brand new Motorola modem and all my problems went away.  Speed tests are only for short periods.   I'd suggest opening up command prompt and pinging a website like google for a long time.  See if you get inconsistent results like several timed out requests or unusally high return times. Use this command

ping www.google.com -t

Sorry this didn't help.

Well your internet speed tests indicate that it isn't your network connection speeds. As suggested above it could very well be outdated equipment. Check your router manufacturers website and see if they have a newer version of firmware for your router. If so, download and install it as per their instructions. Then see if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll give the ping test a shot.   i have the linksys e3000 which is  a fairly recent model, but i will check for firmware updates as well.  Hope this works, this problem is getting really annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked to linksys support last night and they had me change my mtu to 1365 (from 1500), disable upnp, and disable WMM support.  It didn't correct the issue, but should i leave these disabled?  I searched Google, but could not really find any clear advantages/disadvantages to doing so.

Sorry this didn't help.