This is one of the weirder problems that I have encountered with Xbox Live, especially since I am yet to find a lasting solution for it. I bought a new router a month or so ago (Linksys E2500) and after taking a few minutes to set things up,I got started playing on Xbox Live. Everything was going fine until about 2 or 3 weeks ago when I started having issues: randomly getting disconnected from Xbox Live (usually immediately after starting my system and attempting to sign in) or simply being unable to sign in at all. When this issue began occurring, I checked my settings to see if I could identify the cause, they are as follows with the serial numbers (SN) provided for my devices:
- Wireless Adapter: Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter SN: 00260029353726 (the white one)
- Modem: Motorola Surfboard Modem SB5120 SN: 122103521320089405050505
- Router: Linksys E2500 SN: 10A10C15139786
- Router Firmware: 1.0.01 build 3 May 3, 2011.
- NAT Type: Open. I have used both MAC address-based and IP address-based DMZ settings, neither made any difference
- Wireless Security: I have tried both WEP and WPA2/WPA Mixed, neither made any difference.
- ISP: Comcast (based out of Florida.)
There are a few odd things about this problem:
- It began happening a few weeks after a bought my new router, despite the fact that I didn't change any settings.
- The problem alternates between denying me access entirely to connecting briefly and then disconnecting me after a random period of time.
- None of my other systems or devices have experienced any disconnect issues since the switch.
- Going to network settings > test connection will fix the problem 100% of the time and I will have smooth sailing after that. I just have to do it every time I start up my system.
My issue isn't so much that it does this, seeing as testing the connection seems to fix it, my main issue is that I don't know what is causing it and it is a nuisance to keep having to go test my connection every time I turn my system on. If anyone has experienced a similar problem, or has any knowledge on what is the root of my issue/how to fix it, please let me know. Your help will be greatly appreciated.