Random Shutdown Rage >=[

Today I cleaned off my desk, and in doing so, had to unplug my XBox 360 S. I powered everything down before I unplugged, and when I was done, put everything back. The only difference is that my XBox is on the opposite side of my desk, and my cords are tied with zip strips.  I just moved my XBox back to the side it was originally on, and I'm still having issues. 

Every time I try and watch a certain TV series on Netflix, it will shut down before the episode starts. But this is only with certain shows, not all. I could watch as many episodes of Mad Men as I wanted, but as soon as I tried to watch White Collar, it would act up.

I then tried playing Halo 4. It barely got past the 'Microsoft Studios' screen before it shut down. However, I put in Halo Reach, and it let me go all the way to the main menu and even let me vote in Matchmaking, but just as the round started, it shut down.

Things I have tried:

1) Moving XBox from upright to flat

2) Changing placement for better ventilation

3) Checking the power block to see if the light was ever blinking or a different color. (It has stayed either solid green or solid orange the whole time)

4) My XBox heat wise, is a little warm, but not as hot as it has been

5) Deleting unnecessary items

6) Clearing the Cache on the storage devices

7) Untying the zip strips to let the chord be free

8) Blowing on the vents in an attempt to clear any dust from the vent areas

9) Using different outlets as power sources

At this point, I don't know what else I can try. I'm going to try calling Microsoft on Monday, but I obviously don't want to give my arm and leg and first born child for repairs. Any advice is much welcomed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

sounds pretty strange! do you have the power brick plugged in to a power strip? or directly to the wall? also, try re-downloading your profile. do you have a hard drive plugged in? if so, try "reseating" it by removing it, and reinserting it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When I plugged it back in, I had it on a strip. I then moved it to the wall after it started doing this, and no difference. I don't have a hard drive, I'm using thumb drives until I can get a hard drive. I haven't tried re-downloading my profile, but I guess that will come next.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could be an issue with netflix its self. Have you tried deleting the app re downloading it and playing the series again?

As for halo i'd suggest the same as above resetting the placement of the hard drive. Failing that i'd have to conclude that its a possible hardware issue and would require talking to support about what could be done

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I don't think its the programs because I just tried playing a DVD and it shut down as the main menu came up. But at this point I'm up for anything so I will be trying that later.

Sorry this didn't help.

mabe staic

Sorry this didn't help.