Today I cleaned off my desk, and in doing so, had to unplug my XBox 360 S. I powered everything down before I unplugged, and when I was done, put everything back. The only difference is that my XBox is on the opposite side of my desk, and my cords are tied with zip strips. I just moved my XBox back to the side it was originally on, and I'm still having issues.
Every time I try and watch a certain TV series on Netflix, it will shut down before the episode starts. But this is only with certain shows, not all. I could watch as many episodes of Mad Men as I wanted, but as soon as I tried to watch White Collar, it would act up.
I then tried playing Halo 4. It barely got past the 'Microsoft Studios' screen before it shut down. However, I put in Halo Reach, and it let me go all the way to the main menu and even let me vote in Matchmaking, but just as the round started, it shut down.
Things I have tried:
1) Moving XBox from upright to flat
2) Changing placement for better ventilation
3) Checking the power block to see if the light was ever blinking or a different color. (It has stayed either solid green or solid orange the whole time)
4) My XBox heat wise, is a little warm, but not as hot as it has been
5) Deleting unnecessary items
6) Clearing the Cache on the storage devices
7) Untying the zip strips to let the chord be free
8) Blowing on the vents in an attempt to clear any dust from the vent areas
9) Using different outlets as power sources
At this point, I don't know what else I can try. I'm going to try calling Microsoft on Monday, but I obviously don't want to give my arm and leg and first born child for repairs. Any advice is much welcomed.