Random not connecting to live after the new dashboard update.

In two years I have had no problems connecting to live. Now after the new update I have not been able to connect twice in a months time! I know two times isnt bad but it is bad when I have never had a problem connecting before. My modem has been reset and all the port forwarding you can do. Unplugging, resetting yada yada yada and its not a problem on my end. I even called AT&t and the rep I spoke to told me that he is having the same problem since the new update! Come on microsoft there is a problem here! I like the new dashboard but not at the cost of randomly not being able to connect!

Please fix it or refund us for the days we cant log on... Anyone else having the same problem ?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Mack, I understand that the disconnects you've experienced are definitely frustrating, but we're happy to help troubleshoot the issue and see what's at play here. :-) First off, are you still having an issue connecting to LIVE? If so, please run a LIVE connection test to see what comes up. We're interested in everything listed, including anything listed under 'more info.'

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its like I said....its random 95% of the time I can connect. There is no need to run tests because its an xbox live issue. At least its an issue with this new dashboard update because I have never had problems before signing in to live. Is microsoft aware that this update has affected people signing in to live? When I can sign in it runs great but the one day I cant sign in I cant sign in all day long. Like I said its only 2 or 3 times out of the month. Thats not bad but it shouldnt happen at all. my modem and internet service is approved and recommended by microsoft so there is no need for tweaking the settings. Please let me know. I googled this topic and there are many other players experiencing time after the latest update where they cant log in to xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Today i got the same thing just randomly  can't connect to Xbox live. I ran the test and all the steps are good excepts the Xbox live . Previously i had no issues with my connection and nothing changed so its not on my end .

EDIT:

Woah as soon as i posted i managed to connect after trying for at least 15 times.

Sorry this didn't help.

i've had this same problem twice in the past week. currently doing it right now.. network and everything is fine, it just fails to connect to live. i have comcast so its definitely not an isp problem if people have different providers and are experiencing the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

also every time i do the test, i get network and internet both connected and xbox live fails...what else is new, already knew this seeing that i'm on the net typing this. of course the more info is just about as useless as calling customer support and waiting on hold for an hour only to finally get to talk to some non english speaking person that tells me the same useless information to unplug my router, modem etc.. check that ports are forwarded all the stuff i already know to check.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know guys..I even went thru all the useless port forwarding, resetting my modem and went into my Modem setup to tweak any possible problems and its not a problem with my At&t 2 wire setup. Its a problem with this new dashboard update because in two years I could get on with no problem The day I download this update I cant get on till the next day. Then a week later it does it again. Its random but its frustrating! I pay for a service that is now hit or miss whether I can access it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Been having exactly the same problem now since the update, I've also been having the xbox revert to STRICT NAT settings randomly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mack, I just want to reiterate that I'm here to troubleshoot the issue with you if you're interested. :-) The same offer goes for everyone else in this thread, as long as you guys create your own thread with 1) the full results of a LIVE connection test (including everything listed under more info) and 2) the answers to the bold questions listed here

Sorry this didn't help.

There's no problem with our networks or routers or modems or any of that nosense, its the new dashboard.... Microsoft just fix the new dashboard update.... or even better, revert to the old one because this new one sucks anyway in my opinion....

Sorry this didn't help.