Random NAT type strict.

So, overnight, my NAT type has changed from open to strict. Nothing has changed with the usage of the internet, nor has anything changed when it comes to settings or anything of that sort. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on a wired connection, and comcast is my internet provider.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 76 Applies to:

yeah xbox live is currently down. it's because of a dashboard update due in november, they are running some tests for that, it's done on American time so it's done now cos it's early in the morning over there. XBL has said it should be up and running again between 6pm-7pm GMT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I still can connect to XBL, however, I have a strict NAT type for no reason. Nothing has changed with my router or anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

NAT comes from two places - network filtering on your router and from your ISP.

Standard suggestion is do a long powercycle: All network hardware completely off (xbox, router and modem specificially) and sit for about five minutes.

Turn just the modem on and wait until it boots fully (may want to look at the lights before you shut it off to get a before and after).

Then turn on the router, boot fully then turn on the xbox.

If it's not working then, try (temporarily) directly connecting to you modem.

If NAT still occures, you're going to want to have Comcast reprovision your modem (remove and readd it to the service) and have them check they are not filtering peer to peer connections.

I have a friend who used to work for Comcast and he says they were aware that it would sometimes filter the connections.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.