Random disk error messages

Okay this is easy to explain, I was playing Iron brigade off of my hard drive on multiplayer, I notice it was Laggy but I could still play nicely. Then randomly after a while the Xbox 360 tells me the disc is unreadable, while the game runs in the background. What is this..? I also had this problem a while back in battlefield 3, the xbox would display random disc read errors mid game and the game will still run in the background. Battlefield 3 was a disk but why is Iron brigade, a game on the Hard drive, do the same thing. Actually, why would an Xbox 360 display such a message if the game is on the HDD, and furthermore why would the game STILL run perfectly in the background? (Behind the message screen when the error pops up)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I had similar issues with a brand new 360S right out of the box. I put in new games never before played on this console and I was plagued with disk read errors. I tried playing far cry 4 and after installing the game update to keep my profile signed in I tried to play the game which resulted in a disk read error. A few games have done this to me. I found out that if you delete the game update and choose to decline the update on game start up, the game will load and play just fine. I almost wonder if microsoft is using the updates for the 360 games to render them unplayable forcing the user to break down and think it is their system that is the problem in order to increase the push for users to go out and buy the xbox one. If this is t ruely the case then microsoft is going to make numerous unhappy customers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there WolfHunter1018,

Since this thread is pretty old and the original poster has most likely been resolved, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered to you from our community. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.