Random Disconnects

I'm having a problem with random disconnects while watching a movie on netflix.  Its an XBOX slim only a few months old, not a router problem (brand new), and I am hard wired.  Nat is open.  I didn't have this problem a week ago, but this weekend is has happend at least a dozen times about 20 mins into the movie.  I have not found any fixes or reasons for the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

You need to do some testing to isolate the problem.  If you run an Ethernet cable directly to your modem from your Xbox, bypassing your router, do you still have the same issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I get disconnects ALL the time while watching netflix.  I am running off of a wireless n router.   Once in awhile it wont disconnect me, but I would say I get a disconnect 3 or 4 times a movie.  Now it is happening while playing games on xbl.  As soon as i get disconnected, i can connect again.  It is annoying as hell.

Sorry this didn't help.

i believe its and xbox live issue cause i have a router and i have tried hard wiring my xbox and the same thing keeps happening to me as well and several of my friends around town, i called netflix and it is not them and i did a speed test and im getting fast enough speeds so it has to be an xbox issue

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem here got the new 250g xbox and get random dissconnects so frustrating makes me wonder if its worth while renewing my gold when it runs out

Sorry this didn't help.

yea me too bought the new xbox 250 and it didnt used to do that witht the old 20g i had. the only reason i got the new one is because it was better than buying the 100$ wireless

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue, I recently upgraded to a 250gb slim. It did happen occasionally before on my old 20gb, but it seems much more frequent now. Sometimes will go a couple of hours connected, then other times disconnect a few times an hour.

Very annoying.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can everyone in this thread please take a few minutes to read through this post, and then answer the questions in a new thread? This one is being locked down, to better help us troubleshoot your specific info on an individual basis. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.