Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

A: 192.168.0.2

G: 98.27.128.1

D: 0000 - 0000

N: Moto484

S: WEP

C: 11

Everything was working fine until just a few days ago, I paid my bill, so I really don't understand what the problem is. This is my last attempt to fix this problem, then I'm moving to Playstation. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Do you have the proper ports forwarded?  You'll also want to make sure the NAT isn't Strict or Moderate as that will limit your ability to connect to others.

Check out the following page: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/BEFSR11/Xbox_Live_360.htm  

This page shows you in detail how to forward your ports with the router you specified, and has some other minor settings you'll want to check as well.  While WEP might not affect your connection, WEP is very weak in terms of security you may want to change to WPA or WPA2 if it's on the router to make sure no one outside of your household is accessing your router.

Let me know if the page helps you.  Remember you'll want to adjust the settings without your Xbox on, once the settings are complete, then feel free to boot your xbox and test your connection. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, so here is the full story, from the beginning. One day, my Xbox started disconnecting me randomly, just out of nowhere. I'd reconnect and play again for a few hours like nothing happened. Then, they started becoming more frequent, up to the point where I got disconnected, but could not reconnect at all. So I restarted my modem and router like most people do, thinking that would fix it. Well, it would, for maybe an hour, then I'd get disconnected again. So, I went to my network and started switching around ethernets to see if maybe one of them was faulty. They all seemed to work fine, only thing was, now that my Xbox is connected, my phone, nor my computer will pick up a signal from my wireless network. My phone connects to it, but won't let any websites load. The Xbox, mind you, still works perfectly. The computer says it's an unidentified network, and allows no internet access. Still, the Xbox connects, and stays connected until I start messing with things. If I change my security, for example, it was on WEP before I changed it, but after I change it to a WPA, nothing works, at all. If I change it to an open network, my phone works, but then one thing, such as the Xbox, will not. I'm connected directly into my modem as I type this, because my computer won't connect to my wireless. I'd really like to connect all of my toys through this network, it worked in the past for almost a year or longer, now all of a sudden it wants to give me problems? I'm really confused at this point and don't know where to go. I'd call my ISP, but they'd charge me phone time, not to mention other fees if I need someone to look at it. I'm pretty affluent in computers, networks, and all that jazz, and I figure I could do it myself given the right direction. If anyone could help me out, you'd save me a lot of time and money. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Would my ports have anything to do with this? I don't have any ports in my port forwarding tab.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, when I go into ipconfig in cmd, it does not list a default gateway. Is it because I'm connected via ethernet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamus,

From what you're saying and the codes you're showing it looks like there's an issue with a static IP address on your console being invalid

There is a known issue with this router:

[quote]
It is required to do a DHCP reservation on this device, in order to set up any device in the DMZ.

Also note that there is no UPnP on this device, so Port Forwarding or DMZ might be the only way to get an open NAT on the console.
[/quote] 

I'm not sure what you've done up to this point so it might be best to restore your console to default settings and reset your network hardware. You can find steps to do a lot of the troubleshooting for this device in our Network Hardware Forums.

It sounds like you're having issues with your connection on multiple devices on your network. I know you'd rather avoid it but if you're having trouble connecting to your router in general, you might want to either speak with Linksys Support or your ISP support since they will have better knowledge of that particular device and can better troubleshoot your network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I tried restarting the Xbox to factory defaults and restarting my router and modem only to encounter the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are having issues with multiple devices, this could mean your router itself is failing.  WiFi is usually the first thing to go on a router when it starts to fail, dropped connections, slow speeds, spotty reception areas.  Do you happen to have another router you can test out?  If this were just affecting your console i'd say maybe the wireless card inside the console (or external depending on system) might be the issue, but with multiple devices disconnecting I'd say it's the router.

Before buying a router make sure to do a quick google search to see if their are any known issues with the router and the xbox.  I've had much success with Netgear routers. 

Sorry this didn't help.