Random disconnects from Xbox Live

The problem I have is that for the last couple of weeks I have been getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live and then struggling to connect again for about 10 minutes.

I have the Xbox Slim 250GB - when this disconnects (I use the built in Wifi) - when I try to reconnect it wont find my wifi connection.  Before anyone says its my ISP - my xbox elite which has the wireless adapter never disconnects (ever) - To me it seems that there might be an occuring problem with the built in wifi.

Has anyone got any experience of this, is it easy to fix or do I have to send back to Xbox to sort - its still under warranty until October this year.

Thanks in advance for and information and help with this problem, like I said, its only been occuring for the past fortnight really. But it happens every night at the moment.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Loopy, I can suggest that you try to reset your network settings on the XBOX 360 and try to setup the XBOX 360 to the wireless router again. Also if available try and see if there's another wireless SSID you can connect to and see if this happens. If your other XBOX 360 with the adapter is working perfectly fine with no disconnects at all like you are facing with this Slim then the next step would be to contact XBOX Support for your region and get it shipped off for repair before it's out of warranty. It's definitely a weird issue that it's disconnecting you and struggling to reconnect you back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I would certainly try changing your wireless channel after finding out what other wireless networks are in your area:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../114-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.