Random disconnections

The past three days I have been getting disconnected from Xbox live. I do all of the steps like reseting the modem / router, but it does no good. Tonight after having this problem I tested my internet speed. My ping was 19ms My download speed was between 21 and 23 mbps and upload was 3.19. I still could not connect. The Xbox was telling all the normal stuff that is does when there is a problem. Then like an hour later it just connects. This seems to happen mostly when I'm watching Netflix, not when I'm playing a game. It also seems to happen late at night like between 12am and 4am (est). Do any of these things have anything to do with the disconnections? Either way it's just a minor annoyance. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Disconnect issues are tough, becuase there can be hundreds of possible causes.   If you have "cable" Internet service then it could be a bandwidth competition with some of your neighbors or small businesses in your area.  On cable services you and your neighbors "share" a pipeline and equipment.  So if all your neighbors are getting online and downloading or watching videos or playing games, all at the same time.   It could cause your problem.

In addition, it could be something within your own household.  Another PC perhaps, that is doing some upgrades or P2P downloads while you are playing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.