Random disconnection from Xbox live. Help!

I have been playing Xbox for a couple years now and i started seeing this problem occur one day. The real issue is i randomly get kicked of Xbox live, and lag from friends parties every 10 minuets. I always loose connection in online games out of no where. my Xbox will act fine then every 30 minuets disconnect (just an example sometimes it differs in time range) from live this has become a real issue i cant do anything online without getting kicked of xbl. Please help when i run a xbl network test sometimes it will be fine sometimes there will be a yellow exclamation point. I dont know what to do please help me ASAP.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello theLoSTmEDic545,

Your internet connection may not be fast enough for xbox live. Also your internet ports on your router maybe incorrect. That can cause problem staying on xbox live.

Network ports used by Xbox LIVE

Port forwarding

If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your PC or Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding."

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Note If you cannot chat with someone using Video Kinect, you might need to open port 1863 (UDP and TCP).

If you're connected to a network through your workplace or school, ask the network administrator to open the above ports used by Xbox LIVE.

If you receive a NAT warning when connecting to Xbox LIVE, please see the Error: Your NAT type is set to strict (or moderate) page.

How to set up port forwarding

You may find information how to open ports on your router at the Port Forward website. Go to the Port Forwarding Guides for Xbox LIVE 360 page to find instructions for your router.

If your router is not listed on the Port Forward website, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer for help with opening network ports.

Tip The Port Forward website is available only in English. To translate the site, copy and paste the URL (www.portforward.com) into a translation tool, such as Bing Translator.

For more help with opening network ports, contact whoever provides support for your router, such as your Internet service provider or router manufacturer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No it is fast enough this just started happening a couple days ago I've been playing for years

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you using wireless Turtle Beach or a similar wireless head set? I was having the same problem too and after moving my turtle beach head said receiver the problem seemed to go away... for now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah i actually am i will try that

Sorry this didn't help.

They both run on the same frequency so if the receiver is too close to the xbox it will cause interruptions in your signal. I was getting very frustrated with this and tried everything thats been suggested from deleting my cache to reconfiguring my router.

The newest Turtle Beach wireless sets run on 5MHz so it shouldn't conflict with the 2.4MHz that the xbox itsself receives. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating this problem is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forget what I said about the newest models. My Turtle Beach x41s interfere and my x32s dont. The x32 are on 5MHz

Sorry this didn't help.

Cool man that helped a lot thank!

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome. Glad I could help.

Sorry this didn't help.