Random Connection Interruptions

I used to have the old Arcade xbox 360 and I used the wireless network adapter for it. Everything was perfect. No problems at all. I got a new Xbox (black) and it has the built in wireless. I have the same internet, modem, router, everything is exactly the same. The xbox is literally sitting in the exact same spot. I get connection interrupted in every game I play. I get it in CoD around 2-3 times a game and 99% of the time, it causes me to die. I get it in Halo 4 and it just blackscreens for like 30 seconds for me. I notice it while just talking in party chat with people. I won't be able to hear the for a few seconds and they say my mic is lagging. I honestly don't play xbox very often because of this problem. It drives me crazy.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I should also note that I don't have any problems using my laptop or desktop. I notice no connection problems at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there!  I bet there is a super easy solution to this.  Do you still have that wireless dongle?  If so, please go ahead and plug it into your new console.  Together, they should get you a much better connection.  If you don't, then are there any other new electronics between the console and the router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah same thing happens to me ill get a message saying disconnected from xbox live my signal is good it will get me out of whatever game im playing if its like cod black ops 2 and it sucks for me i have to do a "Dumb Game" where i mess around till it happens then it wont happen unless i turn off my console then i have to do it again to just play good.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the Wireless Adapter still, but I don't think it works if I plug it in. I don't see a difference at all and it still shows that it's only connected to the Built in Wireless. I do not have anything between the console and xbox other than my laptop, but it's still always in the same place. (The same place it was before) and my desktop is next to the router. I'm thinking of just buying a 25' Ethernet cable and running it through the wall. It worked perfectly fine 3 months ago when I was on wired. But, my friend thought it would be funny to take my wire.

Sorry this didn't help.

The internal antennas of the 360s are unquestionably not as good as the external antennas of the 'G' and 'N' external wireless adapters. However, there are so many problems which can degrade a 2.4 GHz signal (wireless stereo headphones, cordless house phone, baby monitor, microwave and other 2.4GHz devices) that I am no longer suprised when wireless fails.

iPerfectous, have you tried using one of the two (or four) other USB ports instead of the original USB port used?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried using both of the USB ports on the back and on each of them, the adapter will turn green. But, I don't notice a difference at all. I still get the interruptions. I thought it would be a good idea and test to see if it's just my internet having problems, so I took my old xbox that had red ring. It actually turn on and worked, I was amazed. I plugged the wireless adapter into it and got on CoD. Played 5 games perfectly without any connection interruptions. Switched the wireless adapter back to the new xbox and first game, 2 minutes into a game, connection interrupted. I'm not sure what's going on. If the wireless adapter shows green, it should be connected instead of the built in wireless right?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah if it is green it should be connected. How long ago did you get your newer Xbox? I hate to say it, but you may just want to go and exchange it. : /

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the xbox around a year and a half ago. But, if I just run an ethernet cord through the wall, it'll be fine. I used to play on wired with this xbox for a year straight and everything was perfect. Wired > Wireless anyway

Sorry this didn't help.