Random Connection Drops

So as of late, my connection will randomly drop in online multiplayer. In all my games, i will run with best connection but it will drop to low for about 15-30 seconds and then go back to normal and i don't know why. At first i thought it was because of me running off of wifi so i moved my Xbox and hardwired it to the modem and i still have the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you've hardwired your console to the modem, then go ahead and run a connection speed test on your PC next time you're disconnected, and then post the results here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I ran a test last night... I'm not going to lie, I have a poor ISP. 1.23 mb download / 0.34 upload / 23 ping. Still I never had this problem before and have had the same ISP for a long time.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have run into this problem with my ISP before. Your connection is not holding steady. I don't know if you are using cable, DSL, or Line of sight. Your speed is fine for playing the problem is it will not always be 1.23 meg. If othesr are on your network it will drop you speed. Also you should call your ISP and have them do a line test. They have logs that will show if they are losing connection to you. My ISP did this several times. Also have you cycled your modem? There may also be noise on the line. Your ISP will be able to tel if this is the case. Most of the time the connection loss is with the ISP. All ISP's will have this problem. some more than others.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I'm just going to change ISP.

Sorry this didn't help.