Random achievement for no reason?

So me and my mate are on left 4 dead and on the main menu he gets the achievement for crash course? He just went on the main menu and got the achievement? How has this happened?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Has he played it before but quit out before the end game? That may be it.

Have they fixed the in-game achievement list?

Btw he hasnt even got crash course.

Ah, think of it as a freebie. I got a couple for Red Dead when I hadn't earned them.

ClawedGarnish has the right idea. If you randomly get an achievement then consider it a freebie. I have had it happen before as well, so it's not unheard of. Some games tend to occasionally unlock achievements even when the criteria has not been met, so that's all well and good for you if you're able to get a free achievement. :P

But its something like "Kill 20 people whilst a tank with a car". Doesnt sound like a freebie to me. And why didnt I get it?

it is a freebie, but just for your friend. it's a glitch. for some unknown reason the game thought he completed that task and unlocked the achievement. you get it in a few games. i know for a fact if you die in a certain way in assassins creed (1) then it unlocks an achievement.

Edit: by unlocking an achievement i mean like collect 100 flags achievement not an achievement for jumping off a clif.

He's lucky. I wished that had happened to me. I won 100 matches on FIFA 10 but I never got the achievement. :(

I picked up Left 4 Dead again recently and for the first few times i played it, i got random achievenments every time i booted the game up. Must be a known thing with L4D

I had quite a few random achievements for free on FIFA. Some I know full well I didn't earn.

This happened to me the other day as well.  I put left 4 dead in and got the crash course achievement for crushing 20 people with cars using the tank.  

The crash course achievments on left 4 dead are glitched, the amount of times i've tried to do the slippery pull achievement, but it just won't unlock.